The sooner you fix a moving foundation, the less damage it will cause. Sometimes these problems are hard to diagnose and foundation repairs many times should be left to the professionals.
Check off which symptoms you have below. Some obvious foundation movement indicators are:
1. Are there cracks in your foundation?
2. Do you have bulging concrete walls?
3. Do you suspect any type of foundation movement?
Any or all of those above can be cause for alarm!
4. Do you have any floor and wall cracks?
5. Do you notice any doors that bind and do not open or close correctly?
6. Do you have any floors that are not level? Do your windows bind or do not open or close correctly?
7. Is there any water intrusion in your home?
8. Do you have any mold growth?
9. Are there cracks in your exterior brick?
10. Do you have any cracks in your beams and joists?
11. Are there any separations of wood either on the interior or exterior of your home?
If you feel you need residential foundation repairs, — you MUST act quickly! Things could be so much worse if you wait. It isn’t worth risking your life as well as the lives of your family members. This type of problem isn’t for the “Do It Yourselfers” either. You are going to want a reputable experienced company. Many times a husband or a relative mean well and think they can go ahead and try to resolve it on their own. Say NO!