Flooring for homes and commercial establishments come in various types to meet varying tastes and needs. The choice of flooring depends on a lot of factors. Some of them are budget, use of the room and the amount of maintenance that the floor requires. Five types of flooring have become the most popular for different reasons.
1. Carpet. Carpeting is and has always been one of the favorite choices among homeowners and business owners. Carpeting is warm and gives any space a very comfortable and cozy look. If you have kids, then they are also the safest option. People used to install carpets throughout their home. But now, people tend to install carpets only in their bedroom and living areas. The maintenance for carpeting is easy, thanks to modern stain-resistance treatments. Carpet flooring deals make carpeting very economical and are a good option for people considering this flooring choice.
2. Hardwood. A genuine wood product made out of timber, hardwood is the classy option. Hardwood floors impart a certain sense of elegance. They also add value to your home. Hardwood floors can be either pre-finished or unfinished. It comes in different varieties such as bamboo, hickory, maple or mahogany. Hardwood can be rather expensive. Discount hardwood flooring sales give various offers on hardwood that are the best opportunity to invest in hardwood floors.
3. Laminate. Laminate flooring is one of the most popular substitutes for hardwood. The quality has improved over the years. Laminate flooring can be manufactured in a way that makes it look exactly like genuine wood flooring. Laminate flooring is suitable for areas such as kitchens. With the right installation, laminates can be pretty resistant to stains and scratches. They are an ideal choice for families with kids and pets. However, it is harder to replace than real wood and it cannot be refinished.
4. Tile. Tile is popular and extremely low-maintenance flooring. Tiles are very durable and one of the most waterproof floor coverings. Areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms need a moisture-resistant flooring like tile. Tiles are also the most versatile. They need not be used just for the floor. They can also be used for walls, countertops, stairs and even fireplaces. They are also most preferred for exterior projects. There are many types of tile such as porcelain, granite, ceramic, and marble.
5. Vinyl. Vinyl flooring is something that is found in most houses. It is considered the best for areas prone to moisture such as kitchens and bathrooms. Vinyl floors can be easily installed without professional help. Manufacturers have dramatically improved the quality of vinyl floors lately.
The above are the five most common types of floors that people install. Undoubtedly, they are some of the best and affordable options for all kinds of homes and businesses.