Tired With Your Dark and Enclosed Rooms? Here Are Some Ways to Make Them Appear Spacious and Bright
It is the dream of every homeowner to have a well decorated home. But, it is very important to take note that the space and lighting are two factors to achieve what you want. Some houses have large windows allowing much light coming in, while others have small windows. But, there are some ways you can apply in order to maximize the light inside your house. Here are some things you should know.
1. One of the best things you can do is to choose a plain and light color for your wall. Light colors can help you make your space look brighter and bigger. If you are going to use darker colors and busy patterns on your wall, the entire room can look very enclosed. You can maximize your space by using light, plain and smooth wall. To ensure that it will not appear very plain, you can decorate the room with the best accessories. This is very important if you are planning to sell your property in the years to come. Plain white wall is appealing to everyone, so redecorating your house for the best price is not very hard and costly.
2. To let more light coming in, then consider replacing your windows and doors. For your door, you can change it with one having larger glass panels. Or, you can add a sliding glass patio door. Replacing your window with something that allows more light to come in is a great idea. The doors and windows in the market today are more efficient especially when it comes to energy. So, you are sure that your investment is worth it.
3. You can accessorize your room with a large mirror. This will not only bring in personality but also makes your room brighter. Position it opposite to the window to bounce the light around. Mirrors are a great addition in any of your room.
4. Add the perfect curtains and blinds. It is ideal to choose thin dress curtains and blackout roller blind. Making the room dark and bright will not take much of your time with blackout roller blinds on your windows. The use of thing curtains make your window very personal while not blocking too much the precious light from the sun.
5. Finally, have additional lights and lamps. To make your room bright even when it’s already dark outside, you can have more light sources. It is good to have a statement floor lamp when the room is a bit larger.
It is not actually hard to make your house spacious and bright, you just have to use these simple tips above.